Thursday, May 7, 2009

2009-05-07 Quick Update

I've had lots of stuff going on over the last couple of weeks, including a little gardening. Since the last entry on April 27th, I've done the following:

May 1: Started melon seeds indoors.
May 2: Planted pole beans in the garden. Also got the potatoes in.
May 4: Planted winter squash, corn and bush beans outside. Transplanted the pumpkins.
May 6: Transplanted the summer squash, peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers.

So, the only things not in the garden are the celery, melons and the determinate tomatoes, which need their own boxes. I have spent the last couple of weeks putting my seedlings outside during the day to harden them off. Everything seems to be doing well. I did a few things earlier than scheduled because I think we've had our last hard freeze. I've been monitoring the weather models and there is a slight risk of some cold next week, but nothing serious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Here's what the garden currently looks like:



And here's why I have deer fencing (note the orange streamer at the top left, which is on the corner post of the fencing):

No comments:

Post a Comment