Saturday, May 30, 2009

2009-05-30 Update

A couple of quick thoughts this week: I was supposed to plant my fall crop of broccoli two weeks ago and forgot, so I did it this week along with some more cauliflower. I'm thinking I want to stagger my planting of these next year so I don't get eight heads of cauliflower at the same time.



I also gave up on the celery. It never really thrived in the peat pots, and it pretty much withered up as soon as I put it in the garden, despite being hardened off. I'll have to treat it like broccoli next year, starting early in February. The habaneros are not doing well. I will probably try them earlier next year, too.



We've been enjoying fresh lettuce, spinach and radishes for the last couple of weeks. And we have our first tomatoes, pumpkins and zucchini, as you can see. Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment